Online Terms and Conditions
Please read these User Terms and Conditions carefully. They are a legal document and, by your continued use of jobs4.com website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
o Means the person using this site for career related purposes.
o Means all intellectual property rights wherever in the world arising, whether registered or unregistered (and including any application), including copyright, source codes, know-how, confidential information, trade secrets, business names and domain names, trademarks, service marks, trade names, patents, petty patents, utility models, design rights, semi conducted typography rights, data base rights and all rights in the nature of unfair competition rights or rights to sue for passing off.
o Means the content provided to The Jobs4 Network Limited by either the Candidate and/or the recruiter from time to time for incorporation in the website.
· "The Jobs4 Network Limited" or "Jobs4.com"
o Means The Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited), The Lodge, Armstrong House, First Avenue, Finningley, Doncaster, DN9 3GA
o Means the person using this site for recruitment purposes.
o Means the terms and conditions as set out in this statement and which may be varied from time to time.
· "User" "You" "Yours"
o Means either the Candidate and/or Recruiter respectively as applicable in the circumstances.
o Means The Jobs4 Network Limited
2. Acceptance of Jobs4.com Terms & Conditions
Your access to and use of this website ("the Website") is subject exclusively to Jobs4.coms' Terms and Conditions. The Website is owned by Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited). You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by Jobs4.coms' Conditions. By using the Website You are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before accessing the Website or using the services. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions You must immediately stop using the Website.
3. Privacy Statement
What information do we collect about you?
When you register to use the Jobs4.com website, you agree for the purposes set out in this statement in order to provide our services that we may record your full name, address, telephone number, email address, year of birth, gender, current salary level, education level, current and desired location, ideal job description and all other details comprising your curriculum vitae ("CV") submitted by you.
We also collect broad demographic data and general "traffic" data to enable us to see which the most popular areas of our site are and to provide you with a more tailored service.
How your information is used?
We may email or use SMS text messaging to give you information updates, news or promotional material from us or our partners from time to time, which you have subscribed to or may be of interest to you.
We may email or use SMS text messaging to alert you of vacancies on the site.
What information do we collect about you?
When you register to use the Jobs4.com website, you agree for the purposes set out in this statement in order to provide our services that we may record your business name, full name, address, telephone number, email address, ideal job description and all other details comprising your recruitment requirements ("Recruitment Details") submitted by you.
We also collect broad demographic data and general "traffic" data to enable us to see which are the most popular areas of our site and to provide you with a more tailored service.
How your information is used?
Vacancies you post onto Jobs4.com websites may also appear on third party recruitment web sites pursuant to agreements from time to time between Jobs4.com and the proprietors of such web sites.
A "cookie" is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive, used to store and track information about you.
o Deliver a better and more personalised service;
o Record searches you have made whilst visiting our site; and
o Collect anonymous data for direct marketing and promotional purposes;
Ensuring your privacy
You may amend your Recruitment Details and/or CV as applicable at any time, make them private, or if you wish, remove your CV or Recruitment Details from the jobs4.com database. These options are available once you have logged into the site via the "Candidate Login" page of our website.
Candidates may unsubscribe to any employment or promotional information you have subscribed to receive from jobs4.com at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any emails / SMS you may receive from us.
5. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
o 5.1 Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition we make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
o 5.2 Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) offers an on-line publication service for recruiters to post job opportunities and does not screen or censor the listings offered. As The Jobs4 Network Limited or any of its sites is not involved in the actual transaction between Recruiters and candidates, it has no control over the quality, safety or legality of the jobs or CV's posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of Recruiters to offer job opportunities to Candidates or the ability of Candidates to fill job openings. You will assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the website and therefore Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) expects candidates and recruiters to carry out such verification procedures as are customary and prudent in the circumstances.
o 5.3 In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) and its agents and employees from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
o 5.4 Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) makes no warranty that the functionality of the website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive. If your use of the website or the material results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) is not responsible for those costs. It accepts no responsibility for the consequences of interruptions or delays, however caused.
o 5.5 The website is provided on an "as available" basis and without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
o 5.6 Nothing in these Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) Conditions shall operate to exclude or limit The Jobs4 Network Limited's liability for:
o 5.6.1 Death or personal injury caused by its negligence: or
o 5.6.2 Any breach of the terms implied of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or of the Supply of Goods and Services Act in relation to those acting in capacity as a Consumer; or
o 5.6.3 Fraud; or
o 5.6.4 Any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
o 5.7 The Jobs4 Network Limited shall not be liable to the Candidate and/or the Recruiter for any damage to software, damage to or loss of data, loss of profit, anticipated profits, revenues and anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunity, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
o 5.8 Subject to clause 5.6, The Jobs4 Network Limited's aggregate liability in respect of claims based on the events in any calendar year arising out of or in connection with the Contract or any collateral contract, whether in contact or tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed 100% of the total charges payable by the Candidate and/or Recruiter respectively to The Jobs4 Network Limited under the contract in that calendar year.
6. The Jobs4 Network Limited Obligations
o 6.1 The Jobs4 Network Limited will permit the Candidate and Recruiter to access, use and interact with our site subject to The Jobs4 Network Limited Terms and Conditions.
o 6.2 The Jobs4 Network Limited shall:
o 6.2.1 Exercise reasonable skill and care in compiling this site; and
7. Use of information
· 7.2 The Candidate may be contacted by the Recruiter (or agency) without intervention from Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited), provided the Candidate has agreed for their profile to be made public and/or have applied for a job opportunity for that Recruiter.
· 7.3 Recruiters may only use information supplied by us for the purposes of recruiting and shall not disclose any information to any third parties other than those directly related to the recruitment process of the Candidate. Details of Candidates can only be stored with a particular vacancy in mind, under no circumstances can those details be marketed to, or the Candidates be contacted in regards to any other promotion including attracting them towards any other website.
· 8.1 All IPR in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) belong to or are licensed to Jobs4.com or are otherwise used by The Jobs4 Network Limited as permitted by law. Unauthorised use of such IPR may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
· 8.2 You agree not to copy or adapt the HTML code that the Website creates to generate its pages.
· 8.3 You shall indemnify Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) against all damages, losses and expenses arising as a result of any action or claim that the Materials and/or your use of the Website infringes the IPR of a third party.
9. Use of the Website
· 9.1 The Website may be used only for lawful purposes by Candidates seeking employment or temporary positions and Recruiters seeking people to fulfil job vacancies. In accessing the Website You agree that you will access the content solely for these purposes.
· 9.2 You may use, print and download information from the Website for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, reproduce, transmit or distribute any material from the site without the prior written consent Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited).
· 9.3 Users must not under any circumstances seek to undermine the security of the site or any information submitted to or available through it.
· 9.4 Users agree not to post any incomplete, false or inaccurate information and nothing that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful or embarrassing to another person or entity. Users warrant that all information they provide on the site is accurate and does not breach any law or the rights of any person.
· 9.5 Users using this Website will provide their normal email address and a Password and understand that access to the service will be denied if in breach of Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) Conditions.
· 9.6 Users agree not to attempt to access data not intended for such user, not to log into a server or account which the User is not authorized to access and not to delete or amend any material posted by any other person or entity. Users also agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website or any activity being conducted on this site.
· 9.7 The use of the Website and the material is at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any material contained therein placed by you on the website. Recruiters are solely responsible for their postings on the website. In the event that any inaccuracy or error has been brought to The Jobs4 Network Limited's attention we will make reasonable efforts to notify the person(s) concerned and to rectify the error.
· 9.8 Recruiters using this Website agree to pay the relevant fees quoted on the Website or advised by a representative of Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) plus VAT at the prevailing rate. If credit terms have been agreed beforehand, the Recruiter agrees to pay each invoice within 14 days of the date of invoice, unless alternative terms are agreed in writing by both parties.
· 9.9 Recruiters undertaking an agreement automatically agree to a rolling subscription service unless otherwise agreed in writing with Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited). The following rolling contract can be terminated with 24 hours written notice. Unless terminated with 24 hours written notice the contract will be renewed for the same period.
· 9.10 Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) reserves the right to remove any User's information and/or advertisement recorded, either totally or in part, if it believes that User is not abiding by the Terms and Conditions.
· 9.11 You will not use this website to send unsolicited marketing or advertisements to either recruiters or candidates.
· 9.12 Recruiters will ensure that they comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation: the Data Protection Act 1998, the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, the Race Relations Act 1976, the Disability Discrimination Act 1995, and the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006 and any other statutory obligation. By submitting a vacancy to the Website, the Recruiter thereby confirms that the content of the vacancy complies with the Equality and Human Rights Commission's guidance on job vacancies.
· 9.13 The Recruiter, if an employment agency or an employment business, will comply with the provisions of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Businesses Regulations 2003 ("the Regulations") and the Employment Agencies Act 1973 in relation to all vacancies posted on The Jobs4 Network Limited websites, communications with applicants and management of applicants' details. The Recruiter shall indemnify The Jobs4 Network Limited against any Losses in connection therewith.
· 9.14 The Recruiter agrees to be responsible for the security and use of any user names or passwords needed to access or use Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) websites or any of the other services provided by Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited). You must take all reasonable steps to ensure that these user names and passwords are kept confidential and secure and you do not allow any unauthorised person to access the Web Site or any of the services on the Web Site using your user name or password. The trading or passing on of login details to Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) network of websites will result in account termination without refund.
· 9.15 Any party using this service for any purpose other than those specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions shall immediately be banned from using this site.
10. Recruiter Terms of Fair Use
· 10.1 These rules are given to provide guidance to all Recruiters to ensure you optimise your use of The Jobs4 Network Limited sites, without unnecessarily damaging the experience of using our product for others. Following these guide lines will assist job seekers in identifying suitable opportunities as easily as possible, and thus ensuring the right Candidates are applying to you.
· 10.2 It is essential Recruiters follow these guide lines to ensure our quality standards are maintained. In line with the Terms and Conditions, failure to comply with these rules could result in account suspension or termination without refund. Decisions will be made at the total discretion of The Jobs4 Network Limited.
o 10.3.1 The job title must be accurate and honest, reflecting the job description.
o 10.3.2 Do not use excessive capital letters or punctuation. This could create problems receiving email applications.
o 10.4.1 Provide a thorough and accurate job description. If you are honest about the content of the job, you are more likely to receive applications from suitable Candidates.
o 10.4.2 Take care with clear formatting and correct spelling.
o 10.4.3 The listed location should be accurate. If jobseekers are willing to travel, they can expand their search criteria to reflect this, meaning your posting will be returned in the search results.
o 10.4.4 If you are advertising in order to build a bank of CVs for a position that is not yet vacant, this should be made clear in the job description.
o 10.4.5 The advertisement must explain any costs to the jobseeker that may be incurred during the application process within the job description.
o 10.4.6 We advise you not to put an email address in the job description. This ensures your details will not be targeted by spammers. Your tracking and statistics will also be affected. If you feel you have special requirements let us know and we can work on a bespoke alternative for you.
o 10.4.7 Include a salary wherever possible. This will better reflect the opportunity and will attract more relevant applicants
o 10.4.8 Do not deliberately insert keywords with the intention of influencing positions in the results page.
o 10.4.9 Where the Recruiter is an employment agency or employment business (as defined in the Employment Agencies Act 1973), it must state in which capacity it is acting in relation to the vacancy.
o 10.5.1 Advertise only one job opportunity per posting.
o 10.5.2 Do not post the same job multiple times, even if you have rephrased the description/title.
o 10.5.3 Make sure that the job opportunity is advertised in the correct sector. E.g. if you are advertising for an IT developer, list the job under the IT/Telecoms sector only.
o 10.5.4 As soon as a vacancy is filled, expire the job posting. Alternatively, let us know and we will do this for you.
· 11.1 You agree to indemnify and hold The Jobs4 Network Limited and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against The Jobs4 Network Limited arising out of any breach by You of The Jobs4 Network Limited Conditions or other liabilities arising out of Your use of this Website or in breach of any third party IPR.
· 11.2 In circumstances where you are an incorporated party (limited company or partnership) the directors of such company shall be personally liable for any losses suffered by The Jobs4 Network Limited where such loss cannot be recovered from the incorporated party due to insolvency or any other avoidance of liability by such party.
12. Links to third party websites
The Website includes links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites. Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party websites. If you decide to access linked third party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
If any of Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) reserves the right at any time without notice to revise the content of the site (including the services offered by The Jobs4 Network Limited) and The Jobs4 Network Limited Conditions. Any changes to The Jobs4 Network Limited Conditions will be posted on the site and by continuing to use the site following any such change the Candidate and/or Recruiter are bound by those changes to the revised The Jobs4 Network Limited Terms and Conditions.
· 15.1 Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) is not an agent for and does not represent those persons, companies, employers, Recruiters and other organisations whose job vacancies, goods, services or details are displayed or referred to on the Website.
· 15.2 Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) reserves the right to use part of or all of any advertisement placed on the website in order to promote the Website, including but not limited to, in any of its promotional material or on any other internet website or in any paper publication.
· 16.1 A Candidate and/or Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) may terminate the agreement without notice to the other.
· 16.2 Recruiters may terminate the agreement in accordance with Clause 9.9.
· 16.3 Without prejudice to any other remedy, Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) may terminate the Recruiter's account and any or all contracts and Services with immediate effect in the event of material or persistent breach of the points within the terms and conditions by the Recruiter or if Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) has reasonable grounds to believe that the Client cannot or will not pay its debts.
· 16.4 Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to close any account at any time without reason. Examples of accounts that may be closed include, but are not limited to:
o Those of Recruiters who have not provided full or accurate contact or company information.
o Those of Recruiters that Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) considers to be acting inappropriately or illegally.
o Those of Recruiters that use the Website to advertise websites, services, businesses and/or business opportunities in any part of the job vacancy posting.
o Those of recruiters who fail Jobs4.com (Part of the Jobs4 Network Limited) credit checking process, or who default on payment.
· 16.5 Once entered into an agreement, Recruiters may cancel the agreement at any point, however no refunds will be given.
17. Governing law
The Jobs4 Network Limited Conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of England and all disputes arising in connection with them shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.