Badenoch & Clark are working exclusively in partnership with APS (Arthington Property Services) on a new permanent positions for a Multi Skilled Operatives with a Joinery bias.
About the organisation & opportunity
APS (Arthington Property Services) is the in-house contractor of Leeds Federated Housing Association, established to manage elements of the organisations property maintenance and investment to its 4,300 homes across West Yorkshire.
The newly created subsidiary is looking to recruit a new team member due to expansion and workload.
To deliver an effective, high performing, customer orientated, multi-skilled service to all properties contracted to work upon for Arthington Property Services (APS).
Ensuring all works are undertaken to agreed quality standards, within appropriate timescales/ priorities and in line with customer needs and expectations as well as the needs of the business.
* To carry out all improvement and repairs works required by the client while working positively as part of a large multi-skilled trades team to deliver an outstanding service with a strong customer focus.
* Promote and maintain a high profile service ensuring excellent communication with residents and all other stakeholders in accordance with APS's objectives and values, ensuring excellent customer service is provided.
* Communicate as required on a regular basis with management, other internal staff and contractors
* Demonstrates motivation and determination to meet challenging objectives and targets, along with the ability to organise own resources to achieve a standard of excellence, ensure own productivity and contribute to continuous improvement
* Ensure that appropriate materials are available in order to complete work 'right first time' wherever possible, thereby delivering a Value For Money service on behalf of the client.
* Accountable for carrying out day-to-day duties and record completion of works / findings via mobile device or line manager
* Have a flexible approach to working hours in order to meet customer needs, expectations and demand.
* To be accountable for maintaining a safe working environment; leaving the site/property clean, tidy and free from obstructions.
* To comply with Health & Safety and Waste Management legislation, policy and procedures set out by APS
* Responsible for the appropriate use and condition of assets provided by APS (i.e. vehicles, PDAs, tools, equipment, PPE etc.)
* Signposting customers and stakeholders in relation to safeguarding, ASB, or other housing-related issues where possible, or reporting identified issues to line management for further action
* To work within the team or as an individual and to support the principle of providing a flexible multi skilled workforce as agreed.
* NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant trade qualification or relevant & referenced experienced within the trade environment
* Full clean driving licence essential
* Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers, verbally, electronically, face to face
* Effective use of IT and media as appropriate (incl. PDAs)
* Flexibility to undertake various duties at various locations across the clients portfolio.
* Experienced in the safe use of plant, equipment, PPE and can demonstrate the relevant appreciation of Health & Safety and Waste Management Legislation
Salary & Package
* Circa £26,000
* 30 days holiday per year
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Van provided
* PDA's and Mobile Phones
* Work Uniform and relevant trade PPE
* Power tools provided where appropriate
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE WANTING TO INTERVIEW ASAP SO IF YOU'RE INTERESTED PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME TODAY!
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy