You will become part of a team who are passionate about supporting the NHS and its people in their vital work by keeping premises clean and safe. This is a permanent position based at one site.
Salary and benefits
* £16,777.4 or (£8.58 per hour) plus premiums for early, late and weekend hours.
* Excellent holidays - 27 days plus public and bank holidays
* If you work before 6am, after 8pm or on a Saturday you will receive a 50% increment
* If you work on a Sunday or public holiday you will receive a double time.
* Life assurance, income protection, personal accident cover and an employee assistance programme in addition to many other benefits.
Where would you work?
You will be based at Higher Ince Surgery, Manchester Road, Ince-in-Makerfield, Wigan.
What hours would you work?
You will be working 15 hours per week,6.00am to 09.00am Monday to Friday.
What would you do?
* You will be responsible for ensuring a clean environment for patients by; vacuum cleaning; mopping; dusting, cleaning mirrors, baths, showers, sinks, toilets, washing of tiled surfaces and paintwork; walls and ceilings; emptying and cleaning bins and making sure paper towels; toilet tissue; hand soap dispensers.
* If you are working in a ward you will usually have additional duties such as washing up and cleaning the kitchen, helping to serve food and drinks and some laundry duties.
What experience and skills do you need?
* You do not need to have any experience as full training and support will be provided
* We are looking for people who have the right values and want to make a difference
* You will need to have good basic level of English because you may need to speak to patients, visitors and staff in a healthcare environment as well as reporting any issues, ensuring that you understand your training and can carry out all policies and procedures and able to keep accurate records.
What are we looking for?
* You will do a great job in the right way
* You will deliver the best cleanliness standards for NHS Patients, staff and visitors
* You will work hard, be a great team ambassador and bring energy to everything you do
* You will join a team who are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity - we welcome people who want to contribute to our inspiring and inclusive workforce.
What do you need to think about before applying?
* This role is physically demanding, and you will be moving/using equipment and furniture, stretching, reaching, bending and doing lots of repetitive movements
* You will also be exposed to dirt, dust and smells
* You are applying for a role with an early start and part time hours, please make sure you think about how you will get to the site and that the hours will work for you.
Posted 1 week ago